Missions at Gateway
Helping people take a step in the right direction towards reaching their ultimate redemptive potential…here and abroad!
It is the fulfillment of the Great Commission to go into all the world preaching and sharing the Good news that God loves humanity and has provided a way for relationship through salvation for all mankind in a cross-cultural way. We understand that in order to accomplish the Great Commission we need a three-fold emphasis towards reaching the lost, evangelism, training and mercy ministries.
…you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. – Acts 1:8
Missions Core Values
- Evangelism: Spreading God’s Word
It is reaching the heart of every tribe and people group on the earth. This includes Bible translation and distribution, church planting and outreaches in all areas.
- Training: Equipping and preparing Christians to reach others with the Gospel.
Understanding the tasks before us, mentoring, discipling and training are vital components towards our goal of seeing that all may come to know Him.
- Mercy Ministries: Demonstrating God’s Love through practical assistance.
The Gospel must be accompanied by a loving, practical response to the needs of the poor and oppressed.
Where the church is called to the Great Commission at large; missions and outreach bridge the barriers of language, culture, geography. This is our response; reaching out to those around us, those near us and those far from us with the love of Christ as a church family.
Outreach via GPS | Global Possibility Service
To inspire, educate, connect and mobilize the Gateway Church community to serve the “least of these.”
God’s passionate concern for those in need, the voiceless, the vulnerable and the oppressed, is a theme that runs throughout the Scriptures, along with God’s call for His followers to actively care for those who are in need. We believe this call is for every believer, and that we must turn our attention to it in specific and intentional ways.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. – Matthew 25:40
GPS Core Values
- To inspire a biblical vision for wholistic ministry to the “least of these.”
- To educate about effective resources that promote biblical transformation.
- To multiply impact through connecting with organizations, churches and ministries with similar objectives.
- To mobilize believers as they discover the match between their gifts and outreach opportunities.